be free

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Golden Bird Cage

Can you believe it, today is the first day of summer and all it seems to do around here is rain, rain, rain! But today we also had hail. Where did the sunshine go? If you find it, please send some to my little corner of the world.

In the meantime, here is a sweet little sampler stitched with good old DMC thread and aged to perfection with a dose of coffee. I purchased a ready made frame to display my golden caged bird. I think it provides a vision of an era gone by...kind of a rustic antique look.

This is an older pattern I found in my stash of "to do's" from Prairie Schooler. I love the finished look...warm and golden.










.

1 comment:

From the Attic said...

I really love this. Great what you can do with coffee. Lovely frame too.

Chrissie