be free

Monday, July 27, 2009

SUNDAY, A PIG, AN EXCHANGE, AND A SNEAK PEAK


Good Evening fellow stitchers, I hope you all had a refreshing weekend. My husband and I went fishing at Butterfly Lake in the high Uintahs in Wyoming/Utah. On the way up it started to rain on us, but luckily by the time we neared our fishing spot the rain let up. Mike fished while I explored the area and took photos and stitched a little. He was excited he caught and released 3 trout, so there was no fish dinner for us here. We left after it was dark outside and we didn't make it home until early Monday morning. Not much sleep for this girl, I had to keep my eyes open for deer so we wouldn't hit one on accident. (Been there, done that before, don't want to do it again). This a picture of how beautiful the area is.


My Mikey fishing in his own little world. (Can't believe he wasn't shelling peanuts and feeding the chipmunks, I guess men aren't good at multi-tasking, what am I thinking?)


On the way up I had Mike stop constantly for some awesome photo opps. This crazy little wild pig was someone's mailbox and I couldn't resist sharing his happy go lucky expression with you. Check out the little Tazmanian Devil with his pitchfork raised high sitting atop the pig. I can just hear him screaming "ride'em cowboy"! Gotta love him, what a character!


Look what I received in the mail from Yuko...a nice exchange sent all the way from Japan. I absolutely LOVE these scissors!!! It was so generous of Yuko to help me locate a pair of these beauties. She also included two pieces of fabric, some fabric covered buttons,a package of pretty beads and some neat baby rose candles that float. I feel special and I love receiving presents in the mail, thanks again Yuko, you're the greatest.


Okay, this is a little overdue, but here is a quick little peak that I started a couple weeks back. The linen is actually a deep yellow color but it's hard to tell in this picture. I can't give you any more info, but stay tuned for the rest of this story. Please accept my heartfelt thanks to all of you who read my blog and take the time to share your thoughts with me. It truly brightens my day and I look forward to reading each and every one of them. Catch ya later!

15 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful photos! What a nice exchange from Yuko. I love those scissors! If you know the site from which to buy them, please let me know. Happy stitching!

Stef said...

Wow - beautiful area to sit and stitch! And the pig mailbox gave me a laugh, can you imagine the first time the mailman had to put mail in it! What a great gift from Yuko, fantastic scissors!

SugarandSpice said...

The things you notice that I never would! It's nice to see things like that mailbox that I might not take the time to notice on my own!!!

Robin said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day. Someday we just have to get to that area of the country! And I love the gift from Yuko!

Unknown said...

The mailbox is priceless! It sounds like y ou had a wonderful day with your husband! I know all about deer watching. My husband and I love to go to the drive-in theater - 2 movies for $5. The theater is 30 miles away but it takes us a good hour to get there as we have to drive up into the mountains on very windy roads - it's a beautiful drive. But, on the way home (sometimes at 1 or 2 a.m.) my job is to clutch the seat, pray, and keep my eyes open for two shiny spots in the dark - deer eyes. I am clutching the seat because my husband likes to pretend he is a nascar driver making all the sharp turns and my prayer is a. that we don't go off the side of the mountain and b. that we don't hit Bambi. As the road is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, the deer are everywhere.

Yuko is such a dear sweet woman. Your scissor are gorgeous - who makes them?

Can't wait to see more of your piece - please don't keep us in suspense long.

Cari

Jane said...

The scenery looks so serene at that lake. Interesting to read that you and your husband enjoy relaxing activities - stitching and fishing. You must be very laid back people and well suited to one another. :) I love it how he fishes and you stitch, being able to enjoy each other's company while still partaking in you own interest. Just lovely!

Ranae said...

What a super nice exchange. Being a scisssors collector I am, I sure love those. Is there a website for them?

Anonymous said...

I love trips like the one you had...so much fun, so many interesting things to see & experience out there. Your stitching project is starting out great and love the gift from Yuku!

doris said...

Beautiful scissors and a really interesting start, but that pig mailbox takes the cake.

Michelle said...

Your fishing trip looks so relaxing.. love that pig mailbox. The scissors you received are gorgeous, plus all the extra goodies too.

Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what you are stitching..

Pumpkin said...

What a beautiful spot! I love the picture of your crazy piggy ;o) LOL!

Can't wait to see what it is that you are stitching...

Maggie said...

Lovely photos:-) & lol @ the pig :-)
I agree those scissors are beautiful!

CindyMae said...

Love the photos! The pig is just to cute and love the exchange! Looking forward to seeing more of your stitching!!

Deb said...

Those photos look so inviting and tranquil. And I love that pig! Definitely different. And that package from Yuko is wonderful - those scissors are definitely the bomb!! Can't wait to see more of your piece, but one over one - you're one brave woman!!!

Jan said...

What a wonderful day to spend with your husband! And that pig mailbox is definitely a winner! Lve the scissors and your new start! Wow!